Friday, November 18, 2011

Nothing can separate...

I haven't blogged in a very long time, but I wanted to share this with my friends about my schizophrenic son who has disappeared...


This morning I had sort of a breakthrough in my grieving about Philip’s disease and his disappearance.

It suddenly dawned on me: God is taking care of Philip. Philip is in no way in my hands and the responsibility for his care is totally on God. God has him. He will never leave Philip or forsake him.

I can breathe a little more freely today. I think it took becoming totally helpless, unable to do one thing for Philip. I can go on with living. I can become who God wants me to be, because there is the calm that comes with the knowing that God is walking with Philip through the valley of the shadow.

God is merciful, all powerful, kind and compassionate. My son is in the care of the best provider, nurturer, and healer. I can be thankful that it’s no longer on me.

I am reminded of these verses from Romans 8:

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home