Monday, January 09, 2006

Turning 50

Me, my sis's, and me papa. Can you guess which one is ME? ------->

In a few weeks I'll be 50...yay! I've made it pretty far! I have survived the following (in random order):

1. my own birth--c-section delivery
2. getting through all my school years plus college and some post college courses.
3. 26 years of marriage ups and downs
4. giving birth (labor nearly killed me...had 2 c-sections)
5. some really embarrassing and/or humiliating moments (i.e. showering in jr. high after P.E. when you had no signs of puberty at all.)
6. a broken engagement
7. seeing my mom die from dementia
8. seeing my best friend go crazy and end up in a coma and die
9. seeing my son have a drug overdose seizure
10. 3 rollovers in cars
11. public speaking without fear and trembling
12. teaching
13. a painful church split amongst other church related nightmares
14. many plane trips
15. a near appendix rupture
16. Several bad relationships
17. being the brunt of gossip
18. passing out numerous times
19. getting lost on a cross country ski trip
20. many musical performances that were bombs


Well, I have a lot to be thankful for. And I am soooooooo happy to report that I hold no grudges, still have hope for the future, and faith in the God who created me. I thank him for my life.

Would you believe I have never:

broken a bone, seriously choked on anything, had an abortion, tried any drugs stronger than pot, lived outside of California, had an affair outside of marriage, gotten a serious disease, had parents that were divorced, tried tomatoes knowingly till recently?????????

2 Comments:

Blogger Looking Glass Girl said...

Everything I ever learned about being a strong woman I learned from the women in my family...

I love you!!! I miss you!!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Happy birthday. What's the aversion to tomatoes?

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home